Sunday, June 06, 2010

Hotlanta, Mylanta

With our camping chairs and card table in tow, we are loving our extended "vacation" in Atlanta. We're in an unfirnished apt near downtown and are having a blast being tourists. Jack's room is equipped with his choice of air mattress or teepee tent which he alternates between, while Derek and I are getting sore backs from our lovely Costco special. Henry's in the closet. So far, we've hit up the greasy chili dogs and Frosted Orange at the Varsity, the fountains at Centennial Olympic park, street festival in the ecclectic Virgina Highlands and a Memorial Day parade in Dacula (thanks Sarah!). More random phone pictures to follow!
*If not privy to the latest Hansen news, we're in Atlanta this summer while Derek has a consulting gig here. Good luck to him as he starts his project in M, Minnesota! Where is that you might ask? We don't exactly know, but it has an Applebees. We joined the minivan club, yes I did say minivan, and for all of my protesting, I'm in love. Henry turned 6 months old and is hitting all of the normal milestones for his age; long jump, peanut butter, rapping. We are happy as clams.




Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

the rutledge's- said...

Amy-- looks like a blast! Maybe the girls and I should take a little roadtrip and come see you? I love that Jack's little ladybug has survived so long, that is pretty amazing really!

LadyEm said...

Oh Mylanta! HAHA! :)

JDS said...

Oh there is so much to do there! Mark and I had soooo many plans and things to do there before I got the call to leave early! ENJOY!

James and Melissa said...

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying yourselves! We miss you a ton and can't wait to hear more about all of your adventures! Love ya!

thepainterfamily said...

what a great update!

How fun to be in Atlanta near Sarah!! I'm scheming a way to see you both :)

Danielle said...

i am dying over the picture with henry in the hat! he's soooo cute! and jack with the spiderman facepaint?! :)

Tara said...

Sounds like you guys have been having quite the adventures. Henry is amazingly cute and Jack is as handsome, if not more, than I remember him. Miss you guys and good luck in Atlanta.

Amanda and McKay said...

I don't care what you say, I'll comment on your blog if I want to!!

Henry looks like he'd really like to take a trip to Portland to explore his roots. I don't know, it's just a feeling I get when I look at those pictures of him.

And also, I miss Jack madly. Also you.